Helping children discover their inner performer through the joy of dance!
Local mom and accomplished performer and teacher extraordinaire Ms. Alison has been a professional dancer and actress for over 28 years – but what truly lights her up is inspiring kids and people through dance and expression. “I believe that every child deserves the opportunity to discover their unique talents and explore their creativity in a positive and supportive setting,” she says. “My goal is to promote diversity and acceptance by celebrating differences and encouraging collaboration. I strive to foster a sense of belonging and community by providing a space where every child feels valued and respected.”
A team. A Community. A family! Rise Up And Dance was established to create a safe environment where everyone feels lifted up and supported. During week-long camps, students are encouraged to get out of their head and into their body as they learn to enjoy dance as a physical and emotional release of both athleticism and poetry. By learning and performing choreographed routines, new neural connections can be formed and cognitive development improved. In addition to dance, Ms. Alison leads self empowerment projects and emphasizes community project involvement to reminds kids that everyone is part of the woven thread within our families, our neighborhoods, and our world!
Each energy-filled week includes:
- Exploration of the fundamentals of dance, cheerleading, fitness and movement
- The true meaning of cheerleading and being a connector between the team and the fans
- Craft time including making pom-poms out of recycled materials & empowerment posters
- Learning 3 choreographed routines that will be performed at the end of the week
- Lots of fun and games to create a safe space and trust to build up our dance “family”, “team”, “squad” so that each individual feels a part of something special!
Located at South Pas Fitness, each week-long camp is open to incoming 2nd-6th graders and costs $385 per student. Early 8 a.m. drop off and late 4 p.m. pick up are available.
“As a former performing arts teacher in SPUSD for nearly ten years I had the privilege of working closely with Alison Smith in my classroom. Her creativity and enthusiasm for dance and theatre is contagious and inspires children of all ages. “
—Lia Donavan, former SPMS & SPHS Choir Director