“Residential or Commercial, big or small, we’re here for you“
A division of Bliss Holding Group Inc. (est. 2003), Chisel & Tool is a fully licensed general contracting firm serving the residential and commercial needs of Southern California communities. With the highest standards of professional ethics, the firm is committed to turn every clients’ vision and creative dream spaces into reality. Chisel & Tool is Pasadena-based and is led by a vision to offer quality craftsmanship, transparency, and unsurpassed value in its construction services.
The Principal, Isaac Bliss Tanihaha, is a 20-year construction industry veteran with a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and a Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Construction Engineering Management from University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). With a wide base of knowledge and skills, the principal’s commitment and involvement are assured in every project’s success.
The team understands that construction can be daunting and every project has its unique challenges, and is determined to provide a customized solution and ease the burden for clients. With core principles of integrity and respect, Chisel & Tool takes a modern approach to creating a holistic experience from consultation, building process until completion. The team advocates for transparency and clear communication in every step of the process, guiding and educating clients through a team of positive minds and problem-solving skill sets.
Building on value and integrity, the firm is always committed to serve with the client’s goal in mind.
- Design Guidelines
- Design Review
- Selection of Pre-Construction Team (i.e. architects, engineers)
- Contract Negotiation and Review
- Construction Financial Projections/Analysis
- Location Analysis
- Owner’s Representative Services Plus
- Detailed Site Survey
- Cost Control Management
- Value Engineering in Pre-Construction and Construction Phases
- Project Coordination and Scheduling
- Quality Control Planning
- Assistance in Permitting and Regulatory Approvals
- Coordination and Discussion with Architects, Engineers and Local Authorities (i.e. City Officials, Landlords, Neighbors)
- Comprehensive Review of Site Plan
- Design Document Reviews
- Budget Estimates Review
- Bid Phase Services
- Guidance in General Contractor Selection
- Project Coordination with Construction Team
- Assistance in Project Close-Out / Handover
- Construction Management Services plus Coordination and Contracting with Vendors and Subcontractors
- Integrated Payment Services to Vendors and Subcontractors
- Providing Direct Labor and Materials As-Necessary
- Permitting and Regulatory Approvals pertaining to Construction Works
- 1-Year Limited Warranty of Labor and Materials
- Optional Extended Warranty
Kind Words from Clients…
“C&T was chosen to be the general contractor for the commercial tenant improvement of our smoothie stores in Pasadena & Bellflower, CA. They did a great job staying under budget and finished in a timely manner with approved permits. They were selected to be one of the preferred contractors from the regional franchise. C&T is very knowledgeable and has extensive experience in residential build-outs and commercial renovations. Would highly recommend C&T for an estimate of your projects.” -Robeks Juice
“Not only was this my first gut renovation on a condo but this was done entirely remote!!! Living in San Francisco, they put my mind at ease and had complete trust in Isaac and his team. Isaac was beyond organized (don’t know how he does it), responsive and generally a good counselor for my indecisive moments. Chisel & Tool is was full-service experience from start to finish with William corralling approvals from the HOA minutiae (again, I’m in San Francisco!) through finishing touches daaaays after completion. ** HIGHLY RECOMMEND **” -S.Y.
Find Chisel & Tool: