The mission of the Chamber is to advocate and be a resource for all businesses. Throughout the 2021 year the Chamber has worked hard to keep the business community informed, supported, and connected.
Eat-Shop-Enjoy South Pasadena Campaign: With the support of the City of South Pasadena, the Chamber launched the ‘Eat-Shop-Enjoy South Pasadena’ campaign in collaboration with nexusplex (publisher of SouthPasadenan news). As part of the campaign, the Chamber –
- developed the Guide to South Pasadena on the Chamber website
- designed, printed and distributed seasonal window posters to businesses at no cost
- installed campaign banners over Mission Street and Fair Oaks Ave.
- organized monthly Al Fresco shopping & dining days with the local merchants to encourage the community to patronize South Pasadena businesses
- launched the Learning Center on the Chamber website as a hub for business resources and information
- bolstered our social media presence on Facebook and Instagram garnering 3200+ total followers between the two platforms. We had an average of 11,000+ monthly impressions on Instagram, 20,500+ monthly impressions on Facebook and 5000+ impressions on the Chamber website.
Newsflash E-mails: Through the end of 2021 over 70 e-mail newsletters were sent to over 1,000 local recipients in the business community with Chamber updates, critical and timely information on covid-19 grants, protocols and resources, Chamber member information/events, and news around town.
Shoptalk: The Chamber held 12 Shoptalk meetings virtually via Zoom, inviting speakers like Shyla Springmeyer of R&D Incentives discussing the Employee Retention Tax Credit, new police chief Brian Solinsky, and Joan DeSouza of Business 4 Business Think Tank.
Arts Crawls: The Chamber resumed quarterly Arts Crawl events in 2021, starting with the Summer Arts Crawl in July and continuing with the Fall Crawl in October. Merchant response was positive for both, indicating increased sales during event hours.
Ribbon Cuttings: The Chamber organized 12 ribbon cutting ceremonies throughout the year for new and re-opening businesses including Republic of Lucha, Jeweled Universe, Communal, Hi-Life Burgers, Waverly Cafe & Bookstore, and Stamps & Stamps.
Events: The Chamber continued to support local organizations, groups and businesses by promoting and/or collaborating on their events including SPTOR Crunch Party, SPEF events, SPARC exhibits at the Gallery, South Pasadena Chinese-American Club Virtual Bingo and the Breathe Free South Pasadena coalition.
Partnership with the City: The Chamber partnered with the City to coordinate events such as Meet the Mayor, Meet the New City Manager, the Mayor’s State-of-the-City address and the 2021 Job Fair.