Saturday, October 16
The Crawl is back! Join us for a free Neighborhood-Night-on-the-Town with Art, Music, Family, Shopping, Food and Friends! Artists, musicians, and merchants will celebrate the fall season with another fun and family-friendly South Pasadena Arts Crawl on Saturday, October 16, from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, the South Pasadena Arts Crawl welcomes the community to this free event which offers art exhibition and activities, live music, open houses, food and drink specials, and sales throughout the business district. Mission Street, and adjacent blocks, will be lively with event activities.
Please note that masks are required in stores for all customers. All activities and line-ups are subject to change
A. Artisans’ Alley
Meridian Ave and Mission St
(next to Gold Line Station)
Showcases a variety of art, crafts and gifts including: KARA TAUB, Steve Cheng (Artspetizer), Mexican Crafts & Bags, Hojas damor, Goat Rodeo Soap, Bellagazoo Jewels, ANIA Footwear, My Big Romance, Breath of Light, Adams Forge
B. Poetry Reading & Pop-Up Dance Class
South Pasadena City Hall Courtyard
1414 Mission St
GLAD TO BE OUTSIDE AGAIN: A Evening of Spoken Word, Straight-Up Poetry and Drama. Poets include Beverly Lafontaine, Rick Leedy, Suzanne Lummis and Ron Koertge from 5-7pm.
Julianna Bulgarelli will host a pop up modern/jazz fusion dance class for all ages at 5:40pm.
C. SPARC Gallery
South Pasadena Chamber of Commerce 1121 Mission St
Opening of “A Recurrent Retreat” featuring artist Val Trimarchi
1. Adobe Design 1506 Mission St
Offers a candle making workshop from 5 – 8:00pm.
2. Camille DePedrini 1516 Mission St
Showcases new accessories collections by Santacana Madrid and Anytra.
3. De Milo Design Studio & Letterpress 1401 Mission St
Hosts an interactive letterpress demo with participants printing a poem by Mary Oliver.
4. The Dinosaur Farm & Kidd’s Jewelry Heist 1510 Mission St
An outdoor musical performance from Kelly Kidd & Friends (including Redd Carter, Britton Buchanan & Ralphy) from 8:00-9:00 pm.
5. Hotbox Vintage 1127 Mission St
Offers a mini vintage market featuring vintage, found, collected furniture and home goods by Patina Home LA & The Heights Furniture. Curated Vintage Jewelry by Xanadu Jewels and Plus Size Original & Vintage pieces by Proud Mary Fashion.
6. Jeweled Universe 1017 Mission St Unit B
Showcases a trunk show by local artist Julie Hopwood and a musicial performance by Jeudi, a vintage voiced chanteuse from 7-8 pm, plus 30% off all summer dresses.
7. La Monarca Bakery 1001 Mission St Features artwork by graphic designer Baggio Ardon and other local artists.
8. Mosaic 1023 Fair Oaks Ave Showcases Switch It Up! A video game tournament for youth, plus complimentary food by DogHaus and a shoe giveaway by HavASole from 4-8 pm.
9. Old Focals 1110 Mission St
Features music by HOB band from 4-6 pm and 7-8 pm.
10. Pretty is Contagious 1017 Mission St. Unit A
Offers “Grab Bag,” treat bags filled with fun surprise items and hopscotch in front of the shop.
11. Republic of Lucha 1020 Mission St Suite H
A rooftop movie screening at 8 pm of “The Bat Woman” (1961) in English, plus an artscrawl sale of 15% off the entire store (excludes mask and current exhibit) and an art clearance sale (all remaining pieces from previous exhibits will be on sale at 30% off).
12. Retreat Gifts 950 Mission St
Offers a jewelry trunk show by Amanda K. Lockrow, felted items by Felty 995 and candle artist Radiant Light.
13. Rue de Mimo 1514 Mission St
Knowledge Free performing from 3:00 pm-7:00 pm
14. South Pasadena Public Library 1100 Oxley St
Hosts a community art event at which participants will decorate a card to be added to create our collectively decorated “One City One Story” poem, which is written by South Pasadena Poet Laureate Ron Koertge.
15. South Plantsadena 1005 Mission St. Unit B
Hosts three vendors featuring handmade macrame by Peach Lights Ltd, 3D-printed plant vessels by Design by Kenji-Luis, handmade jewelry by Jordan Aiken Design, as well as art decor and plant hangers. Plus submit a Halloween-themed artwork! All submissions will be on view at the Museum of Free Art, with selected winners receiving a gift certificate for South Plantsadena and free art supplies from the Museum of Free Art.
16. Square Deal Barbershop 1108 Mission St. Hosts an evening of comedy, with multiple performers, from 5-8 pm.
17. SugarMynt Gallery 810 Meridian Ave
Exhibits Trick ‘r Treat IN HADDONFIELD ($20 per admission)
18. Vidéothèque 1020 Mission St. Suite J Offers a clearance sidewalk sale of videos.
RESTAURANTS & EATERIES
19. ARO Latin 1019 Mission St
Features Lucas aka Heaven djing cumbia, raggaeton, baile funk, afro beats y mas from 4-8 pm and surprise drink specials.
20. Griffins Of Kinsale 1007 Mission St
The Drive takes the stage at 8:00 pm.
21. Jones Coffee Roasters 1006 Mission St
Musical Entertainment (4pm – 8pm): Joe DuBois Jazz Group (jazz, funk and soul covers + original music)
William Fox (country, folk and American originals and covers)
Artists on Display:
Andrew Peña (original artwork inspired by local landmarks found within Pasadena and South Pasadena)
Cathy Perlmutter (fine handcrafted quilts, some inspired by Jones Coffee Roaster)
Scott Kuza, (new series of urban photography, captured scenes from film and commercial production projects)
Noe Piña (welded art pieces inspired by natural systems of sustainability) Please note, all artwork will be available for purchase.
22. Mamma’s Brick Oven Pizza & Pasta 1007 Fair Oaks Ave
Hosts musical performances by Brad Colerick at 6pm and Day Job ft. Michael Campagna from 7-9 pm. Brad Colerick has shared his songs and stories all over the US and beyond. Billboard Magazine called him “one of a baker’s dozen of acts to watch in the folk community around the world.” Next up is Day Job playing music of the 80’s, with special guest Michael Campagna – former creative director of South Pasadena Music & Conservatory. Bring your dancing shoes!
23. Simplee Boba 954 Mission St Features live music by Tisha Thompson from 5:30-8:00 pm.
24. TeaMorrow 1005A Mission St
Buy one HOT Hokkaido Milk Tea, Get the 2nd HOT Hokkaido Milk Tea 50% OFF
25. The Munch Company 1028 Mission St
Offers 10% off their whole menu and displays paintings by Meg Jorgenson
26. Robins Woodfire BBQ Artisans Alley: 913 Meridian Ave
27. Shuck’s Oyster Truck 1114 Mission St.
28. Sus Arepas 1500 Block Mission St